BY SOTIRIS CHRONIS, LUSAKA, ZED
Gino Bonano here and missing you guys.
I am soooo happy that this is finally happening for our LOST COUNTRY and all thanks go out to the history makers...Jabbes and Samuel ... this is another natural wonder of the world after my hometown Livingstone's Mighty Victoria Falls. Bow down Zambians cuz this will open a lot of doors for all.
If only we were more united in our crazy world, but instead most people have Ph.D. degrees and not from studies but degrees in "Pull Him/ Her Down". WHEN WILL THE JEALOUSY STOP???
When Tsotsi was being made in South Africa, there was so much support from everyone, radio, TV, posters and in general, everyone was proud of it.
The least you can all do is to go on the website www.filmzambia.com browse and if you have a bit of time, send a small message. When something is a hit, then everybody wants to be part of it. Remember Cherise in the Big Brother house... politicians attacked her first then even the churches attacked her but she had a presidential welcome. Lindiwe was the next victim before winning Idols Africa.
Where is our government, Ministry of Tourism especially the Visit Zambia Campaign crew and the media support for history in the making? The media should make the making of the making of the documentary for the film (if that makes sense). Q-FM... you have Live Outside broadcasting, use it man! This could be a great platform for electronic and print media competition. Muvi TV, you're new and full of fresh ideas since your competitors (no offence ZNBC) have been around for so long -- capture this moment and make something out of it. In the end Zambia is the winner you know. Anywhere in the world when you help someone, they will thank you so imagine how patriotic you'll be if you help these guys. Even the Bible says you should help without expecting anything in return.
Come on you guys, this is truly Zambian and our benefits are unlimited. Let's make these guys heroes before they are (as usual) discovered by outsiders. Let's also make the American film crew feel at home by showering them with good words and gifts from FRIENDLY ZAMBIA.
My heart also goes out to the AMERICANO'S... welcome to Zambia and I wish it mesmerizes you and gives you an unforgettable adventure. Find time to get out and enjoy the nightlife or even on your free days to just mingle with the people where they hang out.
I wish to acknowlege from the crew the following people who had an instant impact on me. These are:
1. The English football player ALAN SMITH look alike, Shawn Downs.
2. Carlos Espinosa, not only cuz I like his name but he strikes me as a wonderful person and he handles his camera very professionally. You can see why he never spoke about a girlfriend in his biography.
3. Michael Montesa, another guy who's madly in love with his camera and I saw the combination between him and Carlos. Thanks for teaching me things (just by watching you guys) without you knowing there's a student.
4. M. K. Racine, a true marketeer (figure of speech), your smile and PR could put anyone in a joyous mood in an instant. I like you for that.
5. Gingher Leyendecker, I love you for your magic hands... talk about magic hands, you should see the magic on her hands, she's got these beautiful (must of been very sore) tatoos. This gal is gifted... she can draaaaaw man!
6. Cyndi Greening, the iron lady but also bags of fun and laughter. This lady has experience flowing out of her ears and if I could, I'd have a bag near her to pick up what overflows. How do I know? I dunno, just a gut feeling. I don't know her from a can of paint but I think I know what Jabbes feels (lucky dog). Good luck to you Cyndi and I wish you get the best out of the Africa tour (I know you will). We are grateful for your support.
7. Jeniece Toranzo, last but not the least. There must be a chemistry between us. I feel as if we met before. Besides her giving me a face lift she also gave me a new friend. Thanks a lot Jeniece but just get that camera outta my face please (ha ha ha).
Lastly, (phew, finally he's ending) I feel for all the crew and wish you guys a lifetime experience during your stay.
Looking forward to the next scene.
Gino... eh! sorry, Sotiris